1929  Austin  Seven Swallow

Location In Museum: Introduction

The Austin Seven was the most popular car of its day, and came in a variety of body styles. The body on this car was made by the Swallow Sidecar and Coachbuilding Company, the forerunner of today’s Jaguar. The company was founded in Blackpool in 1922 by William (later Sir William) Lyons and moved to Coventry in November 1928.

The car was found in a dilapidated condition in 1968 and bought for £7 and was then extensively restored for its owner, Mr. Peter Beaufoy, who bequeathed it to the Museum.
 

 
Back   Home