This car is the oldest surviving Alvis. It is called an Alvis 10/30, the "10" showing that it has a 10 horsepower engine.
The body of this car was made by a coachbuilding company called Morgan & Co. of Long Acre, London, which had been building horse drawn carriages since 1795. The body is unusual. In the 1920s most cars had a wooden frame onto which were fixed steel panels. This car has a framework of tubular steel with aluminium panels fixed to it. This makes the car very light so that it can go quickly.
The car also has a “Dickey” seat. The seat is in the boot of the car. The boot lid is lifted and the passengers can sit on the seat with their feet in the boot.
When new this car would have cost £685. This was a lot of money, so only wealthy people who wanted a sports car would have been able to buy it.
It was made at the Alvis factory in Holyhead Road, Coventry.