1953  Austin  3 Way Van

Location In Museum: Store

The Three Way van is so called because goods could be loaded from both sides and from the back. This model is powered by a modified Austin A70 car engine.

This vehicle was originally a fire tender at the Armstrong Siddeley works in the Parkside area of Coventry. After it had passed into private ownership the Museum acquired the van in 1981. In 1984 it was loaned to the Coventry Community Education Project who painted it in orange and red stripes and used it as a “Tiger Toy Library”. Since its return to the Museum it has been repainted in its original colours.
 

 
Back   Home