The A40 Farina was introduced in 1958 to replace the company’s A30 and A35 models. One of the world’s leading car designers, the famous Italian stylist Pininfarina, was engaged to design the body although the new car used the same running gear as the A35 and also the well-proven A series engine.
When new the car cost £676.7s.0d. including tax. It had a maximum speed of 73 mph and took 35.6 seconds to reach 60 mph. A Mark 2 version was introduced in 1961 and production finally ceased in 1967, by which time a total of over 340,000 cars had been built in total.