In 1925 Alvis embarked on a programme to design and develop a front wheel drive competition car. The idea was to create a vehicle of light weight with an inherent stability factor. This in fact was achieved but at the cost of some complexity. There were four cylinder cars and eight cylinder Grand Prix cars, some of which were fitted with superchargers. This example is a supercharged 1928 version developing 75 brake horsepower.
The car is on long term loan from Alvis and attends various events, though it is normally on display at the museum.