This car was delivered to Sir P. Brocklehurst and has a body made by Vanden Plas in Hendon, close to Bentley’s Cricklewood factory. Its 3 litre engine would, when new, have given the car a top speed of 80 mph. Only 1,622 of the 3 litre model were built, some of which had victories in the Le Mans 24 hour race in 1924 and 1927.
The car on display was found in a garage, having been there for nearly 30 years. It was acquired by the Museum in 2003.