1931  Daimler Motor Co. Ltd.  M16/20

Location In Museum: Store

This Daimler was originally the property of the Lord Provost of Dundee. As he did not like limousine divisions in his cars he had a special saloon body fitted on to a limousine chassis, giving a large amount of room in the passenger compartment. This also has a cigar lighter for the mayor and a powder compact for the Lady Provost.

The car is powered by a 16hp sleeve valve engine and has a fluid flywheel and a pre-selector gearbox. It runs quite well, but as the engine is rather worn it leaves a heavy cloud of blue smoke in its wake.

It was purchased in 1976 for £1,450 with the aid of a Science Museum grant.
 

 
Back   Home