This car was used by Queen Mary from 1935 to 1953, and was one of two that were presented to the royal couple in 1935 to mark the Silver Jubilee of King George V’s accession to the throne.
It was originally fitted with a V12 engine of 6.5 litres which was later replaced with a 6 cylinder 4 litre engine to save fuel during the war.
After leaving Royal service it was displayed on the line Queen Mary while it was used as a floating hotel in Long Beach, California. It suffered in the hot sun and rain, and particularly the salt air, and when it was returned to Britain it was in a poor state. The Museum purchased it in 1984 and totally restored it, aided by many Coventry firms , with the Jaguar / Daimler trim shop restoring the interior.