This type of family car was used by the Royal Family and this particular vehicle is believed to have been the property of a lady-in-waiting to the Queen Mother. It was used in King George VI’s Coronation procession in 1937.
The car is fitted with an all-aluminium body built by Barker and Company. The fixed leather seats and the occasional folding seats allow nine passengers to be carried. The engine is extremely smooth and quiet, and the car has the traditional Daimler fluid flywheel and pre-selector gearbox.
It was purchased by the Museum in 1972 for £875.