Alvis Car & Engineering Co.
1920 - 1967
Former Siddeley-Deasy works manager T. G. John marked the beginnings of the Alvis Car & Engineering Company in 1919 after purchasing the American owned business of Holley Brothers and turning it into T. G. John & Co. Ltd. This new enterprise sought to design and manufacture engines for ‘land, sea and air’, yet it was the production of cars that the newly formed Alvis Car & Engineering Company ultimately concentrated their future efforts. The Holyhead Road factory commenced with the production of sporty, luxurious and well-engineered cars from the first 10/30 models in 1920 to the last TF21 3-litre models manufactured in 1967.