Armstrong Siddeley Motors Ltd.
1919 - 1966
It was John Davenport Siddeley who in 1902 established the Siddeley Autocar Company at Garfield Road, Coventry, initially as importers of Peugeot cars. After a brief stint working for the Wolseley Tool & Motor Car Company, in 1909, he became Lord Kenilworth and Managing Director of the Deasy Motor Company. By 1911, the business was reformed as the Siddeley-Deasy Motor Manufacturing Company at Parkside, Coventry. Armstrong-Siddeley Motors Ltd began soon after the conclusion of World War 1 in 1919 after a merger between the Armstrong-Whitworth and Siddeley-Deasy companies. The Parkside factory manufactured aircraft engines and cars until 1960 when the popular ‘Star Sapphire’ model became the last car to carry the Armstrong-Siddeley name.