Calcott Bros. Ltd.
1913 - 1926
Far Gosford Street
The Calcott Brothers were cycle manufacturers initially but were later involved with motor production until 1926.
Beginning as Calcott Bros. & West in 1886, the company began by offering 'XL' cycles at Much Park Street. Some 20 years later, they began to experiment with motorised vehicles, but it was not until 1911 that they seriously entered the market with a motorcycle fitted with a 3.5hp White and Poppe engine.
In 1913 they made their first cars which were generally tailored to the light-car market. It is believed that the company produced some 2,500 vehicles before eventually being taken over by the Singer Company in 1926.