1921  Coventry Victor Motor Co.  Brampton Standard Tourer 688cc

Location In Museum: Storage, Drapers Field

The Coventry Victor Company was well known for its flat twin engines, both petrol and diesel, and also made a flat four aircraft engine.

The motorcycle on display has a twin cylinder side valve engine of 688 cc. It is coupled to a fine example of a Whitley sidecar which was also made in Coventry, and carries its original livery. When new, a solo machine cost £97.10s.0d, and when fitted with a sidecar cost £117.10s.0d.

After many years on loan this motorcycle combination was purchased in 1998 with the generous assistance of a 50% grant from the Preservation of Industrial and Scientific Material (PRISM) fund administered by the Science Museum, London.
 

 
Back   Home