1939  Francis-Barnett Ltd.  H45 Cruiser 249cc

Location In Museum: Motorcycle Gallery

This was a popular motorcycle which was used by people such as insurance agents who required a high standard of dress in the course of their work, but needed to travel from one call to another. To this end the mechanics of the machine are fully enclosed with the exception of the cylinder which is exposed for cooling purposes.

When new it cost £47.10s.0d, had a top speed of 54 mph and fuel consumption of about 80 mpg.

The motorcycle was very generously donated by Mr. McCartney of Coventry in 1971, and was refurbished by a Manpower Services Commission Community Programme Scheme at the Edgwick Centre, Coventry, during 1987.
 

 
Back   Home