1958  Francis-Barnett Ltd.  Falcon 81 197cc

Location In Museum: Open Storage, Motorcycle Gallery

This motorcycle was one of the last produced at the Francis Barnett works in Lower Ford Street, Coventry. Production was later transferred to the James factory at Greet in Birmingham which was administered by the Associated Motorcycle Company (A.M.C.).

When new the Falcon cost £169 complete with panniers. At 40 mph fuel consumption was about 40 mpg.

This machine was most generously donated to the Museum by Mr. K. Wheeler of Pershore in 1982. It was refurbished at the Edgwick Centre, Coventry, under a Manpower Services Commission scheme in 1988.
 

 
Back   Home