The Hobart Company was established in Coventry in 1901 and manufactured motorcycles until 1923. As well as making motorcycles in their own name, they also supplied engines, frames and other parts to motorcycle assemblers. The factory also produced McKenzie motorcycles.
This particular model is fitted with a Villiers two stroke engine and a Chater Lea two speed gearbox, with chain drive from the engine to the gearbox and a Vee belt final drive.
This motorcycle would have cost £63.15s.0d. when new. It was purchased by the Museum in 1958 for £5.0s.0d.