1958  James Cycle Co. Ltd., Birmingham  Captain 197cc

Location In Museum: Open Storage, Motorcycle Gallery

This machine was produced by the “Famous James” company at their factory at Greet in Birmingham. When new in 1958 it cost £155.18s.9d, and returned a fuel consumption of 99 mpg at 40 mph.

This particular motorcycle was purchased by the Museum in 1981 for £50, and was refurbished by the Manpower Services Community Programme Scheme at the Edgwick Centre, Coventry, in 1988.
 

 
Back   Home