The late Mr. L. Booth produced these motor scooters at 29 Much Park Street, Coventry, between 1919 and 1923. Early models had no saddle, and the rider had to stand on large footboards after “scoot” starting the machine. However, a saddle and other comforts were added as the scooters became gradually more sophisticated.
The Kenilworth used a number of different engines including 125 cc Norman and single cylinder JAP units. They became reasonably popular with lady riders such as district nurses, but the price at the time was too high to reach the wider market.
Mr. Booth rode them in many trials and had a number of notable successes, the most outstanding being a Gold Medal in the London to Edinburgh.