Birmingham Small Arms (BSA) manufactured their first motorcycle in 1906 and went on to become one of Britain’s most celebrated makes. Indeed, such was their business acumen that they bought the Daimler Motor Company in 1910. BSA’s success was built on the quality and value of their machines which covered the whole range of engine sizes. Models such as the Gold Star and Bantam are just two of the models which achieved great popularity amongst motorcyclists throughout the company’s 65 year manufacturing history.
The C15 was a very popular machine, although a little on the heavy side for its single cylinder 249 cc engine. It was fitted with coil ignition and provided that a good battery was used, was very reliable.
This particular motorcycle was purchased by the Museum in 1980.